Hall Rental Information
Special Event Rentals
Our hall is available to rent for special events hosting friends and family.
The hall is not currently available to rent for special events with public invites or ticket sales.
Our hall rental capacity is 160 seated and 210 standing.
Events booked at our hall include:
– Birthday parties
– Baby showers
– Engagement dinners
– Post-baptism celebrations
– Work team potlucks
– Family reunions
Special Event Rental Time Options
September through June, the hall is available for special event rentals weekends and holidays.
Our current rental options are:
– Friday Evening 6pm-2am
– Saturday/Holiday Afternoon 10am – 4pm
– Saturday/Holiday Evening 6pm – 2am
– Saturday/Holiday Full Day 10am – 2am
– Sunday Full Day 10am – 10pm
– Full Weekend 6pm Friday – noon Sunday (this option is used primarily for weddings, who want to load in and decorate the night before and come back and tear down post-event).
July & August, the hall is available for special event rentals:
Full Weekend 4pm Friday – noon Sunday
Weekdays for ongoing renters (summer camps, classes, etc.)
Hall access starts at the beginning of the rental period – if the rental starts at 6pm, the keys will be available at 6pm.
Additional time may be added to the listed rental options, when available, for an additional charge.
Receiving deliveries, decorating, setup, cooking, and teardown are completed during the rental window.
Please ensure that your rental request reflects the time you’d first like access to the hall and not the time guests will arrive.
Hourly rental rates are only available for ongoing (weekly+) renters.
Hourly rental rates depend on day/time of rental, requirements for exclusive/shared use, cleaning needs, and rental frequency.
Please email to inquire.
Hall Availability Calendar
Our upcoming hall rental availability calendar is found on the Hall Rental main page.
If your preferred rental date is available, please email to book a viewing and start the hall rental booking process or to ask any questions you have.
Hall viewings are available by appointment weekday evenings and some weekends (depending on hall bookings), requested via email.
All interested first-time renters are required to come and view the hall in person and show a copy of their government issued photo ID.
Full day rentals and all multi-day rentals booked 60 or more days prior to the rental start date may book a second hall viewing to assist in planning, at no cost.
Additional hall viewings may be booked (when available) for a $30 fee.
Viewings are booked in half hour increments.
If after the initial hall viewing, the rental coordinator and interested renter agree that the space is the right fit for the event, the booking process is as follows:
– Renter fills out rental request form and returns it via email
– Rental coordinator provides rental agreement via email to renter
– Renter submits $500 booking/security deposit via e-Transfer or cheque to hold date (dates are not reserved or blocked off in the online rental calendar until the booking deposit is received)
– Rental fees are due in full two weeks prior to the rental start date, via e-Transfer or cheque
– Security deposit is returned to renter via cheque post-rental, mailed to the address on the rental request form
Main Hall Space
The main hall space measures 41′ x 46’6″ and comfortably fits 100-120 seated guests (at tables) with room for a dance floor, or up to 160 seated if the entire main hall space is used.
Included with rental:
– Use of the ceiling-mounted projector in the main hall space (requires laptop with HDMI input, cable provided)
– Use of the stereo system (cabinet-mounted in main hall space, no microphone)
The boardroom measures 17′ x 15′ 6″ and contains:
– A large meeting table
– 10 chairs
– A whiteboard
Special event rentals have used the boardroom for:
– Coat racks (provided) and guest storage
– Bridal party get-ready room
– Child care
– Prep space
– Event decor storage
The kitchen contains:
– Three sinks
– One microwave
– One oven with 5 element stove top
– Two coffee makers (Koffee King drip coffee cup with 2 carafes & 60 cup Hamilton Beach commercial coffee pot)
– One large fridge (interior measurements 26″ deep, 23″ wide and 56″ tall)
– Stone bar top that opens into the main hall space with a serving window
Hall rentals do not include cookware, linens, serving supplies, cutlery, or dishes.
The hall does have wine glasses for renters’ use.
There is a small chest freezer for renters’ use.
Tables & Chairs
Renters are welcome to make use of our on-site tables and chairs.
Tables and chairs must be washed, stacked, and returned to the storage room during the rental period.
Our current inventory:
– 20 60” round tables (Lifetime composite in white granite)
– 12 72” x 30” rectangular tables (Lifetime composite in almond)
– 150 stacking chairs (Krueger Matrix in baltic blue)
– 24 banquet chairs (fabric and metal in navy blue)
– 10 boardroom chairs (fabric and metal in black)
The hall is located at 4500 25 Avenue SW, Calgary, AB in the valley between 45th Street SW, Glenmore Road SW, Glenmount Drive SW, and 25th Avenue SW.
The main hall access is via the lane at the intersection of Granville Street SW and 25 Avenue SW.
Access is also possible from the lane immediately north of 25th Avenue SW, off of 45th Street SW.
The hall is 850 metres from the 45th Street CTrain station.
The green space surrounding the hall is public (owned by the City of Calgary) and not available to block off or reserve. Our rental guests are welcome to make use of the beautiful space as long as they are respectful of our neighbours and adhere to all applicable bylaws.
There are no outdoor or public washrooms in the green space, making reserving the hall necessary for gatherings and events and limiting the activities from visitors to the outdoor space.
There are 21 at grade parking stalls immediately to the West of the hall.
Two stalls are designated for handicap parking.
The distance from the parking stalls to the main hall doors ranges from 25 – 55 metres.
For events requiring additional parking, please park along 25th Avenue SW or Glenmount Drive SW – neither currently require parking permits.
Surrounding alleys are no parking zones.
No decorations requiring nails, pins, or sticky tape are permitted; decorations may be hung with painter’s tape, Command Hooks, or Sticky Tack, provided any residue is removed by renter.
Glitter, rice, sparkles, and confetti are not permitted on the property.
Helium balloons are permitted, however, their retrieval from the main hall ceiling incurs a minimum $50 charge.
Special event rental rates include cleaning fees and the hall will be cleaned immediately prior to your arrival.
Renters are responsible for returning the hall to its pre-rental condition during the rental window:
– Decorations removed
– Garbage and recycle put in dumpsters (located in parking lot) and dumpsters locked
– Garbage bags replaced from supply room
– Tables and chairs wiped, stacked, and returned to storage area
– In the washrooms, used paper towel placed in garbage bins
– Counter tops, sinks, fridge, and freezer emptied
– Wine glasses (if used) must be hand washed, sanitized in the dishwasher, and put away
Our hired cleaners then empty bathroom garbages, vacuum, mop, and wash all surfaces.
Supplementary cleaning required to restore the facility to its pre-rental condition will be billed at a rate of $50 per hour and is not limited to the $500 deposit.
The renter agrees to pay for any damage to the facility or its contents. This amount is not limited to the $500 security deposit.
If alcohol will be on-site, renters are responsible for applying for and displaying their liquor license during their rental.
Info is found here.
Host liability insurance is strongly recommended by the City of Calgary for all special event rentals.
The GGMCA’s insurance does not extend to renters or guests.
Requests for Rental Donation
Our hall is currently rented on an on-going basis to several community groups with generous rental agreements that the board reviews annually.
Requests for any additional discounted or donated hall rentals are reviewed at the Community Association’s monthly meetings. These meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month September through June.
To request a discounted/donated hall rental:
– Send an email outlining the request for the board to consider via email@example.com.
– Please include your personal info, an overview of the organization, details of the rental request (type of event, preferred date(s), guest count), and your charitable organization number (if you have one).
– If your organization does work that benefits the residents of Glendale/Glendale Meadows specifically, please make sure to include this information.
– Cleaning fees and security deposits are the responsibility of the renter and are not waived under any circumstance.
– Please submit requests at least 60 days in the future.